Front light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would like to upgrade my front light I have a CatEye EL-220 the roads I ride on are well lit but I also do a lot of country roads that are unlit what would you recommend

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
For sheer bomb-proof reliability with a decent amount of output (and the ability to take normal AA batteries), the Hope Vision 1 takes some beating.
The magicshine lights are considerably brighter however and certainly take some beating on price.....

FreeFlow Bikes

What's your budget? Personally lights are one thing I don't scrimp and scrape on, I tend to buy the best I can afford. On the roads I not only want to been seen but want to see where I'm going and spot the potholes before they spot me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Xml t6 can be had for around £25 on ebay, more than enough power to ride t full speed on unlit roads.I cant comment on the lezyne but a hope 1 i saw on a work mates bike gets blown away by the xml magic shine lights .

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Depends what you're willing to spend, proper Magicshines and the Fluxient lights seem to be better build quality than the cheap T6 lights and some models are much brighter, but the price reflects that a bit and the ebay lights are great value. They're a bit like driving round will full beam on though especially in urban areas, so need to be mindful of the glare.

The light output of these Cree lights is mad, a friend recently bought the insanely powerful 3xU2 Fluxient, equivalent of about 4 T6 lights and side by side is brighter than a car's headlight on full beam!

Top Bottom