Front strobe light to mount on steerer tube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danphoto

At least I think it's called the steerer tube - the tube that my handlebar stem clamps onto ;)

Anyhow, it's 36-37mm diameter and I'd like to mount a (cheap-ish) white strobe of some kind to it as a backup/attention-getter. Any ideas what might do the job or be adapted to do it?

Wondering about a Cateye HL-LD150. Would the "bracket" go round 36mm?

numbnuts

Legendary Member

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Cunobelin said:
STAND AWAY from the SwingGrip, unless you want to watch your lights bouncing down the road!

The SpaceGrip is excellent, but the SwingGrip has a small tab securing the bar in place that easily breaks under the weight of the most basic lightst. I have 5 and 6 year old Space GRips, but no SwingGrip lasted more than a week before the tab failed
I have read loads of reports like this, but I must be very lucky for I’ve had one on my bike for over 3 years now and it is still OK

numbnuts said:
I have read loads of reports like this, but I must be very lucky for I’ve had one on my bike for over 3 years now and it is still OK

I still have one, but I removed the bar from the TAb and mounted it on the top of the Grip

Cubist

Still wavin'
TheDoctor said:
A small 'backup' type light?
Tescos do a pair for £4 and the elastic mount will go round pretty much anything.

Mine are taped to the seatpost and stem with black electrical tape. About a quid in poundshops..............:biggrin:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
Cubist said:
About a quid in poundshops..............:rofl:

most things are :rofl:

Top Bottom