Front suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
starhawk

starhawk

I don't think tyres alone can give the same smoothness as a front suspension gives, the bumps from the front wheels are a lot less now. Now it's the rear wheel I'm thinking of, how to make it softer

Just over 1,250 miles into this years tour.
I prefer the new trike with front suspension over the old one without as I don't get rattled to death quite so much when the roads get very bad.
I've hit the same top speed of 55.1 mph on both trikes now, this time dropping off Dartmoor.

One thing to be careful of when you push right to its limits is popping the front elastomer off it seating if you suddenly brake very hard while unloading the weight off the braked wheel.
This snaps open the suspension joint and then its just possible to unseat the elastomer off the bottom half off the joint.
Your not supposed to be able to do this BUT I did it to the right front wheel while travelling through the New Forest ..... :tongue:
But with both my front hydraulic brakes linked to a single lever its probably a bit easier for me to do this under hard brakes while throwing the trike through a steep downhill corner.
If you do do this, by pushing the trike right to its limits, then just pick the trike by the frame so the affected wheel is off the ground and the elastomer will easily slide back in place.

Luck ................ ^_^

Top Bottom