Front wheel clicking noise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beukez

Hi everyone, hoping someone on here might be able to help me.

My bike was stolen for about 2 months and finally got it back but was in bad shape. been fixing it up and checking everything on the bike and all is good but i have found this issue with the front wheel:

This is the video of it.

View: https://youtu.be/huNvx8ayXSY

Tried figuring this out today but had no luck. Anyone have any idea what this is? I am thinking the bearings might be shot?

avsd

Guru
Sounds like something clipping the spokes - brake hose?

OP
OP
Beukez

Beukez

Okay took the Break pads off and no noise, put them back on and it seems to be the source of the clicking. Never had this issue before when changing disk pads. I think it should be fine to ride though? Sorry if these seems like a stupid question. does anyone else have that kind of noise when spinning the wheel like that?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That needs sorting ASAP - there is alot of noise there.

Don't ride it with that amount of noise as something is fouling the disc. A jammed front wheel is an expensive dental trip.

You might need to re-seat the caliper - dead easy. Undo the two retaining bolts, pull the brakes hard, tighten up the bolts. This will centre the caliper. You also need to check for debris on the disc and the pads/caliper.

Spin the wheel and see if the disc is wobbling - if so you'll need to true it up - check you tube, but it's not difficult.

Given it's stolen/recovered you need to give the whole bike a good health check. If you aren't sure what to do, take it to a bike shop.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom