Fsa alphadrive bottom bracket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

650bcompboy

Hi everybody. I have recently bought a 2014 Boardman 650b comp, after less than 100kms I've noticed I have very noisy bearings and most of all a very creaky bottom bracket, now does anybody know what type of bottom bracket this would take? I'm lead to believe its a 73mm spline drive but unsure of what to purchase as I'm considering upgrading rather than just replacing.
Many Thanks. Would also state that it has the FSA AlphaDrive Crankset.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
AlphaDrive is a square taper or spline BB spindle so you need to check which. You can replace with either if you want to change the crankset. Might be a self extracting crank bolt. Imagine it’s cartridge bearing type BB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
650bcompboy

650bcompboy

Turns out it was an FSA PowerDrive spline bottom bracket I couldn't find one anywhere due to there being a shortage of MTB parts at the moment tried over 40 local shops and nothing.
That was until I rang a guy called Howard at Bike Shack in Hyde, Gtr Manchester who happened to have the exact model No in a drawer that was ordered wrong previously, I strongly recommend you check out Bike Shack in Hyde its a very cool shop and the guy even did us a brew and had a chat with me since id travelled from Swinton for the part. Happy Days.

Top Bottom