FSA vs Shimano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cope

Have settled on a compact chainset for the new bike. Was looking at the Shimano R600, but at similar or slightly less I see various offerings from FSA.

I don't know anything about FSA, or about the differences between Vero, Gossamer or Omega MegaExo or FSA CFJ ISIS.

Any thoughts?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
keep away from isis. its known for longevity problems.

no real difference between fsa and Shimano external BB's so its really just a choice of which one you prefer the look of.
I like the swoopyness (is that a word?!) of Shimano

jay clock

Massive member
I know very little, but they look like the quality of the metal etc is much better for the cheaper FSA than the cheaper Shimano. Eg a quick look at Wiggle shows the FSA Vero and the Tiagra doubles both about the same price. The FSA looks like milled? or cast? alloy, the Tiagra looks pressed.

amrushton

FSA are a large Taiwanese component manufacturer who market their own range - FSA and make equipment for other people eg Colnago use FSA seatposts rebadged (and repriced!) and Pinarello have their own brand M.O.S.T which is FSA. Prob.lots of other stuff as well

GrahamG

Guru
I found the gossamer compact wasn't exactly stiff - anything out of the saddle flexed it enough for the chain to rub on the front mech when in the big ring. I'm assuming here that the Alu ribble frame wasn't contributing.

Top Bottom