Fulcrum Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone got any ideas on what wheel manufactures are best for availability of parts?
Having a nightmare finding a rear axle for the Fulcrum racing 3 due to post brexit and my LBS advised looking ahead to maybe invest in another set of wheels because of this predicament.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get handbuilts from Spa rather than factory built. Can then swap out or upgrade parts as required :okay:
Ask them for advise on what’s best for your needs and budget

That said, who have you contacted for the part. This company in Wales sells Fulcrum spares for example.
https://www.bikingbarn.co.uk/fulcrum-wheels
As do these https://www.i-ride.co.uk/products/c...res-and-accessories/?sort=0&brand=FULCRUM&p=9
You can still buy from the EU of course, just be aware of over £135 may get charged duty

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
@vickster
I spoke to the guy at Biking Barn earlier and he said he didn't know when he would get that part in again.He said since we came out of the E.U. components from Fulcrum were coming through very slowly.
Also out of stock at i-ride.
BTW Thanks for the info on Spa Cycles :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think its more likely that the pandemic has hit said part along with a many other cycle manufacturers be it supplied via the eu or direct , yes brexit hasnt helped the issue but there is a global shortage affecting all industries and now the russian "special" operation has added to the poopstorm .
Good luck getting your parts

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Your best option is a non-manufacturer specific wheel, i.e. handbuilt. Spec the hubs and rims. At worse case, you buy a new hub and butcher the parts. There is alot of praise I can say about 'Formula' hubs - a doddle to strip down, and replace bearings with higher quality ones. Dead simple.

My Crossride wheels are now redundant - the rim has cracked (worn braking surface) and I can't get a new rim. I'll retain them as the freehub would fit two other Mavic wheels.

T4tomo

Guru
Anyone got any ideas on what wheel manufactures are best for availability of parts?
Having a nightmare finding a rear axle for the Fulcrum racing 3 due to post brexit and my LBS advised looking ahead to maybe invest in another set of wheels because of this predicament.

Have you actually broken the axle? or does it just need new bearings etc. If so how did you manage that?

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
@T4tomo
There was play on the rear wheel and when the LBS stripped the hub down he said you need new bearings and axle.He has managed to obtain the bearings but getting hold of the axle is going to be tricky.He nether actually said what was wrong with the axle(i should have asked:rolleyes:)but he might be able to work round it if he can't get hold of it.
*just spoke to the LBS and he said the axle had a lot of corrosion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom