Funny old week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Twice this week I have signalled to let a bus driver pull out. I could see no passengers getting on or off as I approached so slowed. I pull around so he can see me in his driver's mirror and give him a nod. A big hand comes out and gives me the thumbs up. :thumbsup: :smile:

I check the weather on BBC's website last night. "Sunny intevals" it says, and all day at that. Get up this morning, look out the window and its still night, LOL! Check the weather again online and it says "sunny, low winds" great I think as I open the back door. Only to see it peeing with rain. :biggrin: Gonna need the rain coat, I thought.

This morning too, riding across Station Road, green light as I pass towards the Portsmouth road junction but changed as I hit the give way line to amber. I'm not going super fast, but a fellow cyclist, perhaps thinking of beating the throng decided to ride on the last few microseconds of his red. I aimed for his rear wheel, missed. :biggrin:

Shouted at a chelsey tractor today on Queensway. They'd overtaken me at approx 60mph (I think its a 30, at most it will be 40mph around there because its single lane and usually frequented by shoppers)... gave me less than 5 inches of space and nearly took out the front wheel. I can only guess they'd seen me on the approach and headed over to the wrong side of the road as they accelerated and cut back in as they drew level. A few choice words shouted about "get up earlier!" :angry:

Good WVM this morning too. Gave me space to pull out of the cyclelane on the Bridge, and then again to take the exit over to Central Bridge. Gave him a wave of thanks and a nod.

So, mixed reviews for Hampshire then :smile:

You're making the classic mistake of believing what they show on the telly. The BBC weather department is run by a group of 17-year old anarchists who delight in fooling the populace at every opportunity... never rains when there's a big demonstration does it?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
So, mixed reviews for Hampshire then :smile:

You're making the classic mistake of believing what they show on the telly. The BBC weather department is run by a group of 17-year old anarchists who delight in fooling the populace at every opportunity... never rains when there's a big demonstration does it?

I always say that Carol Kirkwood on BBC Breakfast is a filthy liar. :biggrin:

Top Bottom