garmin battery?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

does anyone who's got one only charge it when it's low, or charge it all the time? i.e is it a good idea to let it run really low every now and then or is it ok always topped up...

and what sort of battery is it, lithium ion?

Mines not getting used at the mo, when I put it back on I'll just charge it the night before,and when I use it I tend to just charge it up when the battery is low unless I know I need it for a big run, then I top it up the night before; I've no idea if thats right or wrong though. With other batteries (cameras in docking station) I've found continuous trickle charging bad for battery life.

edit: yip its a lithium-ion battery.

LondonCommuter

I don't have a garmin but http://www.batteryuniversity.com/ is meant to be the business. Depends on the type of battery and from what I remember storage in a state of partial charge is best. When a Li battery goes it really does go, as I found out with my Ipod and also Canon digital camera batteries last year

jimboalee

If its an Edge, it has a charging circuit that regulates the charge. Mine is left on charge all the time it is not in use.
So is my PowerMonkey.
So is my Philishave.
So is my LG Veiwty.
So is my Sony Vaio.

yello

It's a good question Ben and one I have wondered about.

Because I always download after every ride, it will also start charging. So I'm constantly topping it up. I don't think I've ever run my Edge out of power completely, after 2 or 3 years of usage. Maybe I should. I've often wondered if the continual top-ups I give it are actually bad for the battery.

Top Bottom