Garmin edge 305

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
One of my buttons isnt working on my garmin edge 305 so i decided to take it apart i had a look and every thing seemed ok so i put it back together ,but now it just turns itself off when going over rough ground.Theres a guy on ebay who fixes them in the usa but i dont want to send it over there,does anybody know anywhere in the uk that fixes them in the uk except garmin because they will charge a arm and a leg.

Contact Garmin, they service them, it might be worth chancing your arm they are a good company. Mine started turning itself off over rough ground too. They told me it was a known problem with a certain batch and replaced it free of charge despite it being out of warranty. IIRC I sent it off on a Friday and had it back the following Friday. (I wouldn't tell them about the taking apart bit :whistle: )

delport

Contact Garmin, they service them, it might be worth chancing your arm they are a god company.

Not impressed with Garmin, they are only up the road in Southampton, yet i asked them a detailed question, they took nearly a month to reply by email, and the reply was for something different to what i asked.

I have the etrex H unit, only works with a serial usb cable conecting to the pc, garmin were absolutely hopeless.
Their email response, we don't sell the cables, shops do, here is a part number for the cable we think you need, not the cable that you do need.

Why they sell a unit for nearly £100, with no lead to connect to the pc, that seems almost impossible to buy i don't know.

The unit itself is good.

zoxed

Über Member
One of my buttons isnt working on my garmin edge 305...but now it just turns itself off...

I am interested in what you find out: last week I noticed some way into my ride that my Garmin 305 was, IIRC, showing correct speed, but the elapsed time etc was not updating. I fiddled around with the buttons and it started to work again: I think it was in "Pause" mode, is that what you see, or do you mean really powered off ?
Also I noticed recently that I have to wiggle around on the Reset button to get it to work. Is that the one that was failing for you ?

Not impressed with Garmin, they are only up the road in Southampton, yet i asked them a detailed question, they took nearly a month to reply by email, and the reply was for something different to what i asked.

I have the etrex H unit, only works with a serial usb cable conecting to the pc, garmin were absolutely hopeless.
Their email response, we don't sell the cables, shops do, here is a part number for the cable we think you need, not the cable that you do need.

Why they sell a unit for nearly £100, with no lead to connect to the pc, that seems almost impossible to buy i don't know.

The unit itself is good.

If you want a quick reply form Garmin then phone them.

Sorry to hear about your experience Del, I had a problem with my old Geko and emailed and didn't get a great response but when my 305 went on the blink I've gave them a call and it was a much better response.

yello

Their email support is non-existent in my experience. On the other hand (and as mentioned), they're top notch on the phone.

Top Bottom