Garmin Edge on Wahoo Mount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robin-m

Hello Community

I have a new garmin edge 1030 computer that i want to attach to the bar i marked blue in the picture below. Garmin mounts are typically attached along the aerobars but for those short ones with weird shape it is not possible.

Is it possible to just get the wahoo tt-mount
https://eu.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-computers/aerobar-mount-for-elemnt-bike-computer

and put in the garmin edge or will it not be compatible?

The size of the bar is the correct.

Thank you for your opinions!
Robin

IMG_4148.jpeg

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome: A Garmin will fit a Wahoo mount but not vice versa (the Wahoo's tangs are wider).
But when I say 'fit' I mean the Garmin will go in and turn 90 degrees but not 'click'. Still very firmly held (have just checked, again). And mounted thus (on transverse bar (assume 22.2mm dia*) above) the Garmin will be correctly oriented (the linked mount is designed to attach to a normal tri-bar).
Maybe a bit of fiddling to ensure there is space for your 1030 (given its large dimensions cf a smaller Garmin) to be turned into position without those bars or pads getting in the way (worth checking on those stubbies).
* Suspect that bar may be >25mm.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
As a backup ensure that you've attached the lanyard to the device and looped that securely round the bars & the device itself.

This way, if the mount does release for some reason, then the result is a dangling Garmin, not a bouncing Garmin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robin-m

robin-m

:welcome: A Garmin will fit a Wahoo mount but not vice versa (the Wahoo's tangs are wider).
But when I say 'fit' I mean the Garmin will go in and turn 90 degrees but not 'click'. Still very firmly held (have just checked, again). And mounted thus (on transverse bar (assume 22.2mm dia*) above) the Garmin will be correctly oriented (the linked mount is designed to attach to a normal tri-bar).
Maybe a bit of fiddling to ensure there is space for your 1030 (given its large dimensions cf a smaller Garmin) to be turned into position without those bars or pads getting in the way (worth checking on those stubbies).
* Suspect that bar may be >25mm.

Thank you very much for your reply! I was busy skiing last week that's why i didn't get back to you earlier. I just rechecked the diameter of the bar and i'm sure that it is exactly 22.2mm. I'll buy the mount now.

Top Bottom