Gear / Break cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Hi All,

Just got some nice campag shifters. Started looking for the cable inner / outer and it seems to be £20-30 for 4 cables and the outers.

Seems alot for some cable, anyone know if this is the going rate or if there is somewhere to get it cheaper!

Asda, Bell cable kit for £4...yes, I said £4.00. Thats complete with innerspring, outers, ferrules and nipples
Used a set on my hybrid and a set just today on a new (used) bike for my daughter.

As long as the cables are not going on a higher performance bike, they are cushy.

HovR

Über Member
Asda, Bell cable kit for £4...yes, I said £4.00. Thats complete with innerspring, outers, ferrules and nipples
Used a set on my hybrid and a set just today on a new (used) bike for my daughter.

As long as the cables are not going on a higher performance bike, they are cushy.

What section in Asda do you find these? Looked all around my local to no avail.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hi All,

Just got some nice campag shifters. Started looking for the cable inner / outer and it seems to be £20-30 for 4 cables and the outers.

Seems alot for some cable, anyone know if this is the going rate or if there is somewhere to get it cheaper!

I believe Campag cable nipples are slightly smaller than Shimano/standard ones, and this can lead to problems. So you need Campag compatible cables.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Just done mine. Gears & Brakes (inner & outer). Ebay £10 the lot inc P&P Jagwire. :rain:
Was that Campagnolo gears and brakes? Good price - I can't find any complete sets for less than around £20. Where from?

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
To answer half my own question, Wilko own brand brake cables (£3 or less for front and rear) Have normal and campy ends. What a bargain! the housing is non compressable and pretty tough.

Top Bottom