Gear Shift Probs'. !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I've a DuraAce deraileur connected to Tiagra STi's:

d_new_dura_ace.jpg

I used it up until switching the bike to the new frame...and prior to the switch it was always a bit 'chancey' on the gears but they would shift...now though it's starting to do my head in - to the point that a friend who had a look at the gears mentioned 'is the r.deraileur a 9 speed variant' - I know for a fact the model is not !

Have I answered my own quesiton here :biggrin:

As I've always been of the opinion that a gear mechs - a gear mech and should be able to be of use on any g.set or am I definately WRONG :biggrin: :smile:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I've a DuraAce deraileur connected to Tiagra STi's:

d_new_dura_ace.jpg

I used it up until switching the bike to the new frame...and prior to the switch it was always a bit 'chancey' on the gears but they would shift...now though it's starting to do my head in - to the point that a friend who had a look at the gears mentioned 'is the r.deraileur a 9 speed variant' - I know for a fact the model is not !

Have I answered my own quesiton here :biggrin:

As I've always been of the opinion that a gear mechs - a gear mech and should be able to be of use on any g.set or am I definately WRONG :ohmy: :laugh:

SimonC

Sure I've read recently that old dura-ace is a different pull ratio, might even have read it on here somewhere, or maybe bikeradar forum. Sure I read it somewhere though.

Campag man meself, which of course is a different pull ratio to Shimano.

SimonC

Sure I've read recently that old dura-ace is a different pull ratio, might even have read it on here somewhere, or maybe bikeradar forum. Sure I read it somewhere though.

Campag man meself, which of course is a different pull ratio to Shimano.

Top Bottom