Genesis aether 10 opinions!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peugeotrider

I wasn't actually looking through marketplace... browsing as one does but I did see a black genesis aether 10 at what I'd say a bargain price of 60 pounds so I viewed it and bought it.
I know absolutely nothing about the brand but it seems quite well equipped and light.
The only issue I had,it has a slight dent on the downtube where it fell over I was told and the seat post had seazed when I found out trying to put it down for my daughter( I did fix the seazed seat post after an hour long fight with a heat gun and a vice).
Just interested to find out any info about the brand but mainly if anyone here has one and what their opinions are.
In all fairness, I'd think the wheels are worth the 60 pounds I paid for the full bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20231126_211423_505.jpg
    IMG_20231126_211423_505.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 31

Jameshow

Veteran
The brand a good one, what with the equilibrium, coix de fer / tour

The aether is the most basic bike in range but fine as a winter / commuting bike, much like the blue Ribble of a decade ago

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Genesis are a well regarded brand, weren’t they originally a sub brand of Diamondback?

I have a Day-One Cross which is a lovely ride.

With a seized seat post and a ding in the tube it was probably worth no more than what you paid but with the seat post sorted it’s a bargain 👍

OP
OP
Peugeotrider

Peugeotrider

Great buy. The only thing you're going to be disappointed with is that white bar tape after some use.
You lucked out with that seat post.

I've already changed it for brown leather tape.
The seat post did put up a fight,no way was it going to move without the vice method but eventually...it gave up.
Fully removed it,cleaned it and smeared the frame tube with copper anti seaze so that should eliminate it happening again.

Attachments

• IMG_20231202_230122_971.jpg
    IMG_20231202_230122_971.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Peugeotrider

Peugeotrider

Genesis are a well regarded brand, weren’t they originally a sub brand of Diamondback?

With a seized seat post and a ding in the tube it was probably worth no more than what you paid but with the seat post sorted it’s a bargain 👍

That seat post put up one hell of a fight.
Fortunately...I was able to remove it and save the post to re use it successfully

Jameshow

Veteran

Owned by Madison who own Ridgeback, forme and others I believe.

Jameshow

Veteran
I've already changed it for brown leather tape.
The seat post did put up a fight,no way was it going to move without the vice method but eventually...it gave up.
Fully removed it,cleaned it and smeared the frame tube with copper anti seaze so that should eliminate it happening again.

That ding looks nothing I've got a much bigger one on my CX bike down tube DAMHIK 5+years ago and its been fine..

Top Bottom