Genesis Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Genesis are generally well regarded. I like my 07 Flyer and most of their bikes look very nice. What do you want it for?

Matthew

scook94

Veteran
I have the 2009 version which I have been more than happy with (mine came with full 105 10-speed groupset though, which I see has been downgraded on the 2010 model). As Matthew says, what will you be using it for?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
scook94 said:
I have the 2009 version which I have been more than happy with (mine came with full 105 10-speed groupset though, which I see has been downgraded on the 2010 model). As Matthew says, what will you be using it for?

TBH, I think 9 speed makes a lot of sense on this kind of bike - there's a bit of extra durability, and equivalent chains will be about a tenner cheaper (9sp vs 10) which can matter for a bike being ridden in all weathers.

MajorMantra

mr_cellophane said:
20 mile commute

Thanks

I wonder if it's a bit OTT for commuting. The disc brakes are overkill (unless you are doing serious off-road stuff) and add unnecessary weight. Also, you'll want to swap out the stock tyres immediately for commuting as they're wide and knobbly.

What is it you particularly like about the Croix de Fer?

Matthew

scook94

Veteran
accountantpete said:
The Cro-Mo forks would put me off - unless I could get a test go and check that the ride wasn't too harsh.

That's another downgrade on last year's model! Not looking so good for the money IMO.

Top Bottom