Genesis Equilibrium 00 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

Sounds like a good fit for you.

Enjoy!
Time will tell! I'll post a review after a month.

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

Well I have done a few miles on the 00 now and can honestly say I am seriously impressed, it's a comfortable ride but quick enough. My only complaints and changes would be that the paintwork whilst nicely finished is a little susceptible to marking and the head tube was rubbed through to bare steel after by friction with gear cables after only a few rides, I was surprised at this. Also I hate the Conti Ultra Sport wire bead tyres, these seem vulnerable to rough Tarmac and I would recommend any buyer to shed and replace with Conti Grand Prix or similar if you want to do long commutes etc. the gear range is adequate but could be closer as some of the gear changes feel a little wide and clunky but otherwise not bad for the hilly terrain around me. The main question I ask myself though is this - if I hadn't got the bike at the discounted price of £499 and had to pay the full SRP of £899 would I have still bought it? No. I would have found the extra cash and bought the Equilibrium 10 with the upgraded frameset and drivetrain. However at the price I got it I am happy with my purchase.

Twotter

I'm very tempted by an Equilibrium 00 as a change to my current Allez. Best price I've found near me is £599 at Rutland Cycles. Can you share who is doing them for £499 please?

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

I'm very tempted by an Equilibrium 00 as a change to my current Allez. Best price I've found near me is £599 at Rutland Cycles. Can you share who is doing them for £499 please?
Hi there, yes I bought mine online from Cyclestore in Halifax, however it was an ex - demo so that was why it was the price it was. I had test ridden one at my local LBS where it was full SRP, but cI wanted to read up a few reviews before commiting, when I saw the ex demo for sale I jumped at it. The Rutland Cycles bike may also be an ex demo and £599 is a really good price, if you are after something around that price range you won't be disappointed, however I might be tempted to wait for the new 2015 models to arrive and see if you can get a good deal on a 2014 E10 or even an E20. The 00 is a good bike though and I personally find the Sora gruppo perfectly adequate for my needs, if you can't wait for 2015 then you probably won't do better than the offer at Rutland.

Twotter

Hmmm, excuse me whilst I go and look down the back of the sofa to see if there are any more pennies hiding there :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Interest free credit card :whistle:

I reckon if you were canny, you could build the 20 for around a grand too

Twotter

Apart from the seat and the bar tape (eventually) I can't think of anything I'd want to change....now, back to the sofa :smile:

OP
OP
TomSH27

TomSH27

Thanks, nice find. I'd really like an E20, but I doubt I could stretch to one, even with a hefty discount :smile:
Yes i'd love the same although I would also love a Condor, but you're talking some serious money there. I just have to keep adding to the piggy bank I guess.
If you can still source a 2014 00 for £599 it is a good buy, better than anything you'll find at Halfords.;)

Top Bottom