Genesis flyer mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonzer

Hi, I have a 2017 genesis flyer for commuting, great bike but both original mudguards have now broken at the mounting point, any recommendations on replacements would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

chris-suffolk

Hi, I have a 2017 genesis flyer for commuting, great bike but both original mudguards have now broken at the mounting point, any recommendations on replacements would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

My rear one also broke at the mounting point. Re-attached with a couple of zip ties, through holes drilled in the mudguard. So far so good.

D

Deleted member 1258

@dave r has a Genesis flyer with mudguards, I’m sure he’ll be along to share his experience and knowledge.

I've got a 2015 Flyer which is a different beast to the 2017 flyer, I've got track ends on mine where as the 2017 flier is fitted with dropouts, on mine the max tyre size with mudguards is 700c x 25, without mudguards its 700c x 28. To the Op, how well have the original ones lasted? Are the original mudguards still available? Can you not just buy another set of the original mudguards? One thing I would recommend is getting a set of secu clips, they're quick release for mudguards, if your mudguard gets jammed they will release the mudguard, I've got them on both my bikes, on my flyer on back and front, on track ends they make taking the wheel out easier.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mudguards/sks-secu-clip-for-front-mudguard-stay-34-mm-each/

AndyRM

XOXO
Same thing happened to me, apparently it was a known issue and if you got in touch with Genesis they would send a replacement FOC.

I never bothered because I'm not that fussed about guards, but it may be worth a shot?

OP
OP
B

Bonzer

Thankyou very much for your replies, unfortunately when they broke the bike was just out of warranty, although at that point I hadn't used it that much, the dealer did try a warranty claim and although an apparently known issue was not successful , so not keen on giving genesis more of my money for a replacement set. The secu clips look good so will certainly bear them in mind 👍.

Top Bottom