Get your towels ready....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Unless they can resurrect Peter Jones it won't be the same.

Somewhere I have Mp3s if the original, no doubt acquired extremely illegally.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I bought the CD box set back in 2007. It has an additional CD with an interesting interview with Douglas Adams before he died. A work of genius, IMHO. I sometimes listen to it all when I'm gardening^_^

TVC

I do sometimes think that things should be left be. The original was of its time and should be valued for that. Resurrections, re-imagining, remakes and spin-offs just devalue the original IMHO. Instead of wringing all that can be had from an idea, TV, film, radio and even book execs need to be digging for the next fresh idea. (Yes I know the BBC does have a good track record of this and I undermine my own arguement)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Did I ever tell about the time I was in the world premier stage play of HHGTTG...
Slartibartfast visited our house, after we'd been to see the show in Oxford. This must have been in the early 1980s.

(He was some sort of distant acquaintance of my grandmother's. She was the sort of person who acquired distant acquaintances, and kept up with them.)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I caught the original radio series from the 2nd episode. Definitley a "what the hell is this ?" and I was hooked. Told all my mates at school as we all became fans immediately.

Many decades later was privilaged to hear Adams as one of the keynote speakers at the GSM conference (mobile phones). He totally upstaged Branson, and Hans Snook (head of Orange), with intelligent and genuine insight jnto our industry and technology generally; prescient really, given I'm typing this on a device not much different from his vision the the actual Guide itself. Sadly a couple of months later he was dead.

A hoopy frood who knew where his towel is !

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Another one here who heard the first radio broadcasts. Hooked and looked forward to the next episode. A whole new world of imaginings in my dark bedroom.

Top Bottom