Getting up hills faster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoyo

Angelfishsolo,

I also have a knackered thyroid gland and fully understand the weight issue.

I have recently tried the eat more often and boost your metabolism scenario and have found it works and I have shed 1/2 stone in four weeks. The other thing I tried is dark chocolate - a real metabolism booster.

I always exercise after I have eaten in the evening and I think this helps metabolise the last food I have eaten before bed.

It is such a curse having thyroid issues. I hope your treatment is working well.

deaksie

sorry kirstie, rubbish! was riding on saturday with a new girl called Katie - easily confused

Hey yoyo I might give that a try myself about the dark chocolate - can't actually stand the stuff but hey ho

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well I love dark chocolate so that is no problem. Will have to try eating more throughout the day.

Thanks for the advice.

Angelfishsolo,

I also have a knackered thyroid gland and fully understand the weight issue.

I have recently tried the eat more often and boost your metabolism scenario and have found it works and I have shed 1/2 stone in four weeks. The other thing I tried is dark chocolate - a real metabolism booster.

I always exercise after I have eaten in the evening and I think this helps metabolise the last food I have eaten before bed.

It is such a curse having thyroid issues. I hope your treatment is working well.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you like spicy food? I don't know if there is any scientific evidence to prove it, but if I eat a hot curry or anything with lots of hot chillis in, my metabolism really seems to get a boost.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I love the stuff.

I have just been to see my DR and he have booked a full blood panel test for me next week so I should have an idea if anything(else) is wrong with me in a few weeks time.

Do you like spicy food? I don't know if there is any scientific evidence to prove it, but if I eat a hot curry or anything with lots of hot chillis in, my metabolism really seems to get a boost.

vorsprung

Veteran
So to summarize, to get faster up hills off road eat more curry and dark chocolate

I must try this mountain biking lark, it sounds a lot easier than road bike riding

Zoiders

Have you tried switching to a red mountian bike?

As red bikes are proven to be faster.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So to summarize, to get faster up hills off road eat more curry and dark chocolate

I must try this mountain biking lark, it sounds a lot easier than road bike riding
I think the idea would be to cut down on something else to cancel out the extra calories! ;)

I find mountain biking easier on my legs (lower gears and plenty of technical bridleways where I can't put a big effort in) but many times harder on every other part of my body (a.k.a. 'getting battered')!

naffa

In Mastering Mountain Biking by Brian Lopes they say you should always have your belly button directly over your pedals - of course that means being way forward on the climbs and way back on the descents - that does work really well I find.
I'm sure youre speeding up all the time

I find my belly button is directly over the handle bars being the fat git I am.:biggrin:
Keeps the weight on the front though when climbing.

Nathan

Top Bottom