Ghent 6 day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I fancy doing this in November, but as cheap as chips if possible. Anyone fancy going over on the ferry from (Kingston upon) Hull to Zeebrugge, and car/hotel sharing? ;)

If we were REALLY tough we could tour it on bikes. It's about 45 miles to Ghent from Zeebrugge. xx(

The racing is meant to be a real good crack, and the Belgian beer and frites with mayo are just icing on the cake. ;)

Fietslogies

An alternative to the hotel scene are the hosts of 'Vrienden op de Fiets'
18,5 euro a night, breakfast included. As it's a bit out of the real cycling season, there will surely be some beds available. But please, behave yourself a bit :tongue:

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Dayvo said:
CP! If it´s at the beginning/middle of November, I´d be very interested in it. Any details anywhere?

27th to 30th November I think.

I really am on a shoestring though, so am looking to do it as cheap as.

I may fly to Brussels and train it, or ferry to Zeebrugge and cycle it.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Fietslogies said:
An alternative to the hotel scene are the hosts of 'Vrienden op de Fiets'
18,5 euro a night, breakfast included. As it's a bit out of the real cycling season, there will surely be some beds available. But please, behave yourself a bit :eek:

That also sounds very tempting.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Just priced up Eurostar - £59 return to Brussels. I can drive to my brother's house at Welwyn GC, then ride the 26 or so miles to St Pancras, hop onto the train, then ride the 35 miles from Brussels to Ghent.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm another ComedyPilot plot hatching.

Top Bottom