giant defy 1 2015 or felt f75

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikenutter

Hi,

Im on the hunt for a new bike, and have got down to the giant defy 1 or the felt F75 both 2015 models. I currently own the giant defy 1 2014 which is a great bike, but i am not sure if to stay safe with what i know or have a change. Has anyone got any advice on the two bikes i am looking at ?????

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Best bet is to go and try them both and see which one floats your boat .

andyfraser

Über Member
I'll say the same as @cyberknight, try them both and see what you prefer.

I have the Felt F95 so would upgrade to the Felt F75 in a heartbeat but for me that would be a true upgrade.

I'm not sure that the 2015 Defy 1 is much of an upgrade from the 2014 model. They've changed the frame a bit and moved to 11 speed 105 from 10 speed but other than that I can't see much difference. The frame may make the 2015 feel better to you maybe. It may turn out that you prefer the Felt.

OP
OP
bikenutter

bikenutter

Thanks for the advice, I think I will try and find a lbs that sells felt to try one out.
As for the wheels I currently ride a set of ultegra 6800, which I upgraded to last year, and will use on the new bike as well. I have been swaying towards the felt, only because the chainset is 105 and I'm not familiar with FSA products, I'm trying to get the best group set for my money, but at the price band I'm at there all pretty similar in spec.

andyfraser

Über Member
The Felt would certainly be a bit different to the Giant. Some says Felt's F series frames have quite an aggressive geometry. I love them!

Drago

Legendary Member
I chose between Defy and Felt G and got the F, though both are fine bikes. I find the Fs geometry doesn't feel as radical as the numbers would suggest.

Top Bottom