Giant Defy 1 Disc or Defy Advanced 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLammy

Quick question:

Is the Defy Advanced 2 worth the £300 extra for a carbon frame?

The rest of the spec is exactly the same if I'm not mistaken? Can't seem to find weight differences anywhere though.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I've the defi 2 & absolutely love it , the frame I believe is a composite material , if I'm truthful I only chose the 2 as I liked the colour combination , I thought when I went to purchase mine that you had a choice of the different models & the different colour combinations but that's not the case , pop along to your local giant bike store I did & the service that I recieved was fantastic , the bike fitting service they offer was great also

OP
OP
J

JLammy

I've the defi 2 & absolutely love it , the frame I believe is a composite material , if I'm truthful I only chose the 2 as I liked the colour combination , I thought when I went to purchase mine that you had a choice of the different models & the different colour combinations but that's not the case , pop along to your local giant bike store I did & the service that I recieved was fantastic , the bike fitting service they offer was great also

Thanks for this. I guess I'll just have to give both bikes a try.

Is the bike fit worth the extra money? My local giant store charges £150 for a 2hr bike fit - I'm tempted, but just needed to be sure.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Without a doubt it is yes , not sure about the £150 though my bike fit was free , be worth checking that mate , unless I just had a basic set up ?

Kajjal

Guru
Try both bikes and see what you think.

Most people with a little reading and time can do a decent enough bike fit themselves. If you have a special need / injury or lack the time then it makes sense as a poorly setup / fitted road bike is an instrument of torture.

Top Bottom