Giant FCR2 Frameset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
My Giant FCR2 frameset is going to be available after the 15th August (that's when I get a replacement Cannondale!) so I am putting it on here now to see if anybody might be interested.

It is an Aluxx 6061 Aluminium mainframe with Carbon forks. The frame is very light and stiff and is in outstanding condition with not a single mark anywhere other than the obvious ones where brakes have been fitted etc. The geometry of this frame is such that it would be ideal for Sportives and the like as it has a very slightly shorter top tube and long head tube. There is a small screw on bracket on the seat tube to take a 'braze on' type front mech. This can be removed if you wish to fit a clamp on type.

Measurements are as follows:

Centre of Bottom Bracket to top of top tube: 54cm (slightly backward sloping top tube equates to about 57cm
on a horizontal top tube)

Centre of seat tube to centre of head tube: 55cm

The frameset will include the headset which is a top quality Cane Creek item and the seat post clamp as well.

I have fitted rub protection pads where the cables touch the frame so there are absolutely no marks on this at all and it will be like buying a new frame.

For this reason I would like to get £175 for it. Delivery by courier could be arranged and this would be around the £18 mark but collection in person would be preferred.

The picture below shows the complete bike built up so you can see how it looks. This picture was taken last week. Let me know by PM and posting if you might be interested.

Many thanks for looking. Graham

Attachments

• Road Bike 25.06.11.jpg
    Road Bike 25.06.11.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
Guys (and Gals!) I would welcome any comments you may have as to my asking price for this frame. If you think I'm too high or even too low then please let me know. I originally bought this as a complete bike and a lot of the components have since been changed so it's not always easy to know what the frame alone might be worth.

Many thanks for looking, Graham

bigjim

Legendary Member
I bought an SCR LTD frameset on here, I think last year, for £110 in similar condition and also a slightly scratched SCR3 frameset for £80 off e-bay last year.

Top Bottom