Gilberts Syndrome anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Anyone here suffer with Gilberts Syndrome?
Mine was diagnosed in the mid '90s, it was my worst episode to date. I've picked up a cough / cold in the last week and the GS has kicked in.
Basically, to save Googling it, sometimes when I get ill the GS kicks in and I get symptoms of Hepatitis A. It doesn't actually do any harm to my liver, but I can go yellow, get a fever and become delerious!
It was a bit concerning at first but now knowing that I'm OK my family can laugh at the rubbish I shout out when I'm in that demi slumber.
This is the worst I've had it for years, I've had 3 nights of very broken sleep, roasting hot & freezing cold, and chuntering a load of nonsense. I haven't gone yellow this time, my wife looks at the whites of my eyes as that's the place she can usually first see the change.
Once I get over the cold / flu I should be alright.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had never heard of it! That is very odd and it must have been very scary before you were told what it is.

OP
OP
Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Yes, Doc first thought it was Hep A but blood test showed no Hep and no liver damage.
It makes being a bit unwell a whole lot worse when it kicks in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looking at my medical records I see that a GP has suggested that I have Gilbert’s Syndrome. I was getting regular liver scans as a tumour was seen beside my liver but since it did not change in size the scans have been discontinued.
This was picked up by accident as I was getting scanned for a kidney tumour and there were and still are no obvious symptoms. It appears not uncommon to have this condition with no obvious symptoms.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Looking at my medical records I see that a GP has suggested that I have Gilbert’s Syndrome. I was getting regular liver scans as a tumour was seen beside my liver but since it did not change in size the scans have been discontinued.
This was picked up by accident as I was getting scanned for a kidney tumour and there were and still are no obvious symptoms. It appears not uncommon to have this condition with no obvious symptoms.

I had it diagnosed whilst checking for something else as routine tests (turned out to be nothing) and like most people I'm asymptomatic - from memory most common syndrome people don't realise they have.
Only needed to mention it when having shoulder operation 'just in case' otherwise all okay...

Top Bottom