Giro day 2 (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
The race is now underway and it looks to be 'lumpy'. A couple of breaks so far but one seems to be well away, will it hold out to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
We in Blighty are currently waiting for the Tennis that has overrun to bleedin finish so we can tune in to the race.

mondobongo

Über Member
David Zabriskie has just gone out of the Giro. ES opening shots were of him on the deck obviously in a fair bit of pain he has just been stetchered off.

What a bloody awful way to leave the Giro especially after the day Slipstream had yesterday.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I watched it yesterday. The inclusion of Astana at the last minute was mentioned owing to an Irish team dropping out. Very sickening as the Irish team had an invite. Also saw the East Mids Classic that followed and great to see Malcom Elliot still going strong finishing third in a top class field.

Aint Skeered

Because of the Tennis over running, and the fact that I recorded it. The recording ended with 1.8k to go. I normally record the following program, but forgot this time. Bugger.

mondobongo

Über Member
Update on Zabriskie from the Slipstream site:

Official Medical Update
Dave sustained a compression fracture to the anterior aspect of his 1st lumbar vertebrae. He has no neurological damage and isn’t expected to have any in the future.
Dave will be heading home in the next few days, where he will continue to recover. At this time its a bit early to discuss his return-to-action date.

Top Bottom