Giro Saros Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboytaylor

Can't help too much on this particular helmet but a word of advice if I may be so bold:
don't go just on people's recommendations - definitely go to a shop or two and try them out. I tried the Monza, Saros, Atmos and Ionos and they all felt different. I also tried on a load of different Mets and a couple of other makes and it took a good while to find one that felt right for me.

Then, I ordered it online and saved a fortune.

FWIW I got the Atmos in Medium - fits well, looks right on me, well vented, light. I found the Saros didn't feel like it fit the top of my head as well.

DaveP

theboytaylor said:

FWIW I got the Atmos in Medium - fits well, looks right on me, well vented, light. I found the Saros didn't feel like it fit the top of my head as well.

+1 for the Atmos...

jellikins

got it 3 months ago and researched all Giro range before going fot Saros.

As good as the Atmos, except i bit heavier and less aero design. If you are not riding in the pro peleton, not an issue.

Very very comfy and am using in on Pyranees ride in 4 weeks.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Thank you to everyone who posted I did get a saros it is very comfy apart from the straps are doing my head in can't them right.

jellikins said:
got it 3 months ago and researched all Giro range before going fot Saros.

As good as the Atmos, except i bit heavier and less aero design. If you are not riding in the pro peleton, not an issue.

Very very comfy and am using in on Pyranees ride in 4 weeks.

How do you find the straps, I am finding that they are very annoying and twist, yet on my specialized helmet they didnt they are straight and dont anoy me at all. If I get them straight before the under ear adjusters they then twist under my chin.

samid

Veteran
don't go just on people's recommendations - definitely go to a shop or two and try them out. I tried the Monza, Saros, Atmos and Ionos and they all felt different. I also tried on a load of different Mets and a couple of other makes and it took a good while to find one that felt right for me.

Am I the only one who finds this approach (using brick-n-mortar shops to find the right product, then ordering it online) wrong?

theboytaylor

It is a bit cheeky admittedly, and I wouldn't do it to my LBS as I wouldn't want to see them go to the wall (in fact I buy plenty of stuff there that I definitely can get cheaper on the net). However, the widest range of helmets I saw was in Evans and On Your Bike, shops that get decent enough trade anyway.

If, due to lack of sales, there's one less branch of Evans, meh. Yes, it's still someone's job, but you'd expect Evans to compete keenly on price and if another outlet beats them, that's where I'm gonna go.

Evans wanted £130 for my helmet, in a colour I didn't like. I got the colour I wanted for £90 from Wiggle. Bit of a no-brainer.

Regarding the straps, they have been a bit annoying on my Atmos. I've spent time adjusting them almost every day since I've had it and I've just got it about right. It's just a balancing act.

Top Bottom