Glasgow Skyride - anyone do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Yeah i was there, and it pissed down the whole day, great for kids but for adults you are better walking as the kids were riding all over the place, lost count of collisions and accidents, some of the adults wre not much better as they refused to look were they were going, apart from that good day out, good organisation etc.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Interestingly, I was in B Bisland's this morning and someone asked about this ride. Apparently they had 4,000 pre-registered, though fewer on the day - something to do with the weather, apparently :biggrin: :laugh: :blush: :biggrin:

alp1950

We did it too. Take a child and if you don't have one, best borrow one for the day. My 9y old enjoyed the (very gentle) ride through Glasgow & said it was much better than she had expected!

Weather was rubbish, although the forecast got it wrong & the heaviest rain was around 11. Was more or less dry after 1pm but the numbers must have been well down because of the rain.

Good fun, very well organised albeit a tad over-marshalled & molly-coddled. Did wonder whether the feed station after only 1 mile into the run was perhaps a bit OTT:smile:.

Chris Hoy was excellent. Good to see Neil from Billy Bislands there. Hope he picked up some trade. None of the other LBS had stands.

Had wondered whether any of the local bike clubs would be represented there but no sign. Found this a bit surprising- would have thought that this would be an ideal opportunity to promote themselves and attract new members. Draw your own conclusions.

Not me. I had a feeling it was more for the kids (my 4 year old is still a wee bit too wobbly).

Good to hear Neil was there, although if he drums up too much business, he will have less time to look after my go-faster! ;):evil:

Top Bottom