England : Devon Glastonbury 100 miler 17 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Your perfect early season warm-up. There's a new route for 2013, starting from Honiton. Two cafe controls and food at the finish. The route is mostly lanes with a bit of main road at the start and finish.
Full details including entry form, routesheet and gps files here: http://www.ukcyclist.org.uk/audax-calendar-events

Peteaud

Veteran
Hope the floods have gone by then

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I rode the first and last parts of the route about ten days ago. The old route was underwater, but this year's version seems to be okay. Should, touch wood, be dryer by Feb. There's a steady trickle of entries coming in. The ladies at North Curry are briefed and prepared.​

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Rode the Glastonbury 100 miler route today with a friend. It started pleasantly enough, if a little cold. Discovered a couple of errors on the routesheet and one on the gps. The rain was coming down as we left Glastonbury, and got heavier as the wind got stronger. Soon it was like being hosed down as the gusts blew us back. One puncture, one flood resulting in wet feet. No impassable roads, but lots of potholes and gravel. The Levels are still full to brimming, water lapping at the tarmac and fields become lakes.
The new route looks good, a nice mix of lanes and fast bits. I hope some of the gravel and potholes will be cleared or filled by the time of the event.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Note that there is no parking at the start. Being Sunday, there is free parking along the High Street. There are also long-term car parks in Dowell St and off New Street. Please park considerately.

Event phone no is on the brevet card
Please let me know if you abandon the ride.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
63 riders started the event. 57 finished, of which 50 had managed to visit all the controls and achieve validation.
66684_533916913315879_1836267673_n.jpg

The start.

Valley of the Rocks 200 next...

Top Bottom