Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So I washed my winter gloves last spring and when I came to put them on I can't get the fingers from the lining to go into the outers properly. The gloves in question are labelled as Altura Shield and I've had them a while and quite like them as a mid-range glove (between mitts and some gauntlet style gloves for when it gets truly cold!). So:

1. Does anyone have any tips for matching up the lining with the outers fully?

2. If not what would the good people of the forum recommend? Wind proof and preferably waterproof but with enough "feeling" for me to be confident going fast (this is where the gauntlets fall down, can hardly feel the brakes!)

TIA

Maz

Guru
I had a pair of altura shields and washed them and had the same problem with the lining. It sort of sorted itself out after a while.
Unfortunately, i lost one of the gloves somewhere and so i need to get another pair, which i'm still annoyed about...no doubt i'll find the missing glove as soon as i buy a new pair!

The liners in my Endura Strike (an older pair of these) are also bad for the built in liner becoming detached, on an off the hands wriggling the fingers is the key for me and after a while they're sorted. They are also a good weight for me. My ski gloves which I have in winter have a fully detachable inner but they are not a problem they are a couple of sizes too big, if the liner becomes detached its just a case of putting it on first then the outer. But other than the coldest day they'd not be much use, I used mine a bit last winter though, with BG mitts underneath.

Top Bottom