Gone and done it - New Forest Cycletta October 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am waiting for a cheque to clear and I shall go sign up for it as well. I have had a word with my dog sitter and he says that he can have the hounds overnight for me - star that he is.

Saluki

I thought that I would have a crack at the 82km jobby. I regularly cycle 45 ish miles now so the extra 5 should be ok. Cycletta events are fueled by jelly babies and dolly mixtures so its all good.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

Shaun

Founder
Good luck - you'll probably find you don't notice the extra distance if there is a large group / number of people taking part - company tends to make the miles disappear quite well. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

I'll be doing the next Cheshire one in 2014, the longest distance. Really looking forward to it!

Good luck for that one. I will be training extra hard for the jelly babies and dolly mixtures.:girl:

Perhaps the lads on the TDF should try Haribos instead of gels and bars:laugh:

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

I don't voluntarily ride in rain, get very cold and miserable!

To me if im cold cycling it means im being lazy and must cycle harder and faster. That usually takes my mind off the weather. I must admit that its the wind that makes me miserable but unless the conditions are treacherous i don't let that stop me getting out there in the fresh air. I hate gyms so cycling or anything else in the great outdoors is perfect by me. :sun:

Saluki

All signed up HW. See you at the bacon buttie van on the 13th of October. I'll be the fat one on the Giant Defy.

I too hate gyms but we have a lovely one within a mile of ours. Nice in the wet weather and the winter. Lovely warm pool too, spin classes xx( but it keeps my legs working over the horrid weather. I know I won't shrink in the wet weather, if I did I would go out in the rain more often :laugh:

Top Bottom