Good light recomendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I need to get some new lights. I dont want to spend a fortune, but have had it with lights that let me down in terms of fitting to wide radius h/bars, battery life and finicky access to the battery compartment. I want these to be BRIGHT an deasily visible in the daytime as well in bad weather. The lighter the better in terms of weight.
Th efront light needs to be capable of shining a strong beam onto the road to light up th eroad at night, so I dont need this just to be seen, I need to see by it as well.
The rear light needs to be very bright and if possible capable of being fitted in several places (such as a pannier strap when touring) as the seatpost position often gets blocked by the gear i carry.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I need to get some new lights. I dont want to spend a fortune, but have had it with lights that let me down in terms of fitting to wide radius h/bars, battery life and finicky access to the battery compartment. I want these to be BRIGHT an deasily visible in the daytime as well in bad weather. The lighter the better in terms of weight.
Th efront light needs to be capable of shining a strong beam onto the road to light up th eroad at night, so I dont need this just to be seen, I need to see by it as well.
The rear light needs to be very bright and if possible capable of being fitted in several places (such as a pannier strap when touring) as the seatpost position often gets blocked by the gear i carry.
For the rear as detailed on other threads, the smart superflash IMO suits the bill, its bright, cheap and it can be mounted in a variety of places, for instance it can be clipped on to a pannier strap.
I'm not best placed to advise on the front lights, mine are only really designed for being seen.

Top Bottom