Good morning ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OnlyJen

Regular
Well, evening if you don't read this until later ...

I'm Jen, fairly new to cycling anywhere further than the corner shop.

I used to run a lot, until a cardiologist said marathons were no longer good for me, and walk a lot, even climb a lot but cycling, all new until a project came along.

So new to cycling, not new to the great outdoors and being self-propelled, although a confession: My bike is an e-bike ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Welcome. Don't feel that you need to confess that (unless you start racing!). I can see the benefits of an e-bike, especially if you've been cautioned about overdoing stuff in the past. I hope you enjoy your riding. Maybe you're somewhere near NCN 223 the Downs Link from Shoreham-on-Sea to Chertsey, which I read nice things about.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome! I'm also a runner with a heart condition (got my check up tomorrow and always nervous I'll be told to stop running). Tell you what though, cycling brings the same amount of joy that running brings (albeit differently) so you're in for a whole new world of fun.

There's no stigma here about e-bikes. Don't think twice about it.

OP
OP
OnlyJen

OnlyJen

Regular
Welcome. Don't feel that you need to confess that (unless you start racing!). I can see the benefits of an e-bike, especially if you've been cautioned about overdoing stuff in the past. I hope you enjoy your riding. Maybe you're somewhere near NCN 223 the Downs Link from Shoreham-on-Sea to Chertsey, which I read nice things about.

Thank you for the welcome.

jo and I are going to definitely do the Downs link. Our other Sister lives in Shoreham so we can park the van and dog there, have a cup of tea, go for a pedal and come back :smile:

OP
OP
OnlyJen

OnlyJen

Regular
Hi and welcome! I'm also a runner with a heart condition (got my check up tomorrow and always nervous I'll be told to stop running). Tell you what though, cycling brings the same amount of joy that running brings (albeit differently) so you're in for a whole new world of fun.

There's no stigma here about e-bikes. Don't think twice about it.

Thank you Cathryn.

Oh good luck with your check up. So far I've only been stopped from marathons, but I suspect next time around 13.1 might also wave a red flag, but I just love my bike so not feeling as though I'm going to lose out on anything :smile:

OP
OP
OnlyJen

OnlyJen

Regular
Hi :welcome:
Running? Does that involve getting off ya bike? ^_^

Bloody hard running with it :ohmy:

monkers

Veteran
Well, evening if you don't read this until later ...

I'm Jen, fairly new to cycling anywhere further than the corner shop.

I used to run a lot, until a cardiologist said marathons were no longer good for me, and walk a lot, even climb a lot but cycling, all new until a project came along.

So new to cycling, not new to the great outdoors and being self-propelled, although a confession: My bike is an e-bike ^_^
:hello:

Top Bottom