Good, reliable courier firm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone recommend a courier firm to collect a parcel weighing just over 2 kgs from my home and deliver it to a UK mainland address in a couple of days?
I don't have access to a printer, so I need to avoid needing to print off bar codes etc.

Thanks in advance,

Don

pawl

Legendary Member
Can anyone recommend a courier firm to collect a parcel weighing just over 2 kgs from my home and deliver it to a UK mainland address in a couple of days?
I don't have access to a printer, so I need to avoid needing to print off bar codes etc.

Thanks in advance,

Don[/QUOT

Hermes seem pretty reliable around my neck of the woods,North West Leicestershire.

Don't know if they have any weight restrictions.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Herpes is entirely dependent upon the integrity of the contractor driving the van. I too am lucky that my local guy is pretty sound, but horror stories abound.

It isn't the couriers that are the problem as such.

Hermes paying 45p a drop for a small parcel and 55p for a large one is an unsustainable model without something giving. You will always get couriers rise above this, or are better or have easier runs but the system is flawed.

OP
OP
Alan Frame
Thank you for all the replies.
The fact that that I don't have a printer, or anyone nearby I could get to print off the label for me, appears to be the stumbling block.
It annoys me that Royal Mail appear to have a huge price increase if you go over the 2 kgs barrier, as my parcel does, marginally.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could try DHL as they have agents everywhere but may be expensive if you're not a regular business user. Do you anyone who uses them? Amazingly they are delivering to me down here via Evans, a chainset, mech and shifters only cost fifteen quid!

OP
OP
Alan Frame
Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Spent far too much time stressing over this, so in the end I've opted for a Parcel force collection for tomorrow, delivery Wednesday.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hate to say it but parcel force are probably one of the worst. I have handful of bad experiences with them.

People say that DHL, FedEx and Hermes are bad but ive only had good experiences with them. DHL have delivered me a crushed item every once in a while but apart from that they deliver and collect more or less on time

OP
OP
Alan Frame
Hate to say it but parcel force are probably one of the worst. I have handful of bad experiences with them.

People say that DHL, FedEx and Hermes are bad but ive only had good experiences with them. DHL have delivered me a crushed item every once in a while but apart from that they deliver and collect more or less on time

This is exactly why I have always shied away from using couriers for bulky items, there doesn't seem to be much consistency, or certainty of delivery.
Recent experience with Yodel and today's faffing just reinforces that view.

midlife

Guru
Our local garage takes in parcels for Hermes, not sure if you have to print the label or if they do it for you? Maybe there is somewhere local to you

Top Bottom