Gospel Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I believe it's passable, though the current forecast is rain/snow during the afternoon. I shall be at the start. Dunno whether I'm riding yet. Here's me in 2005: Audax UK pic

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
twentysix by twentyfive said:
In the end I had a bug and couldn't ride. Apparently all the snow was washed away.

I like that pic Ian H. Did you ride?

No, I was helping out. I took some pics though. Here's the Pass itself.

4399332146_43a94dc6e7.jpg

a%3E

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Ian H - your photo shows no snow (to speak of). Seems my info was spot on - all washed away. Pity I missed out. The Bug is still with me tho' :becool: so it was a sensible decision to stay off the bike :thumbsup:

There is always next year :becool:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A bit further up from that scene the snow was banked up wherever there was shade, but the roads were clear. Around 100 cyclists rode the event.

Nuncio

Über Member
There was enough snow by the side of the road (pushed there by a snow plough?) at the top, that one of my riding companions was able to reach down to grab some, form a snowball, and throw it indiscriminately back over his shoulder - without getting off the bike. The road was clear of snow though, but not of mud and other rubbish. I made a very cautious descent of the Pass.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
100 riders is a good turn out given the conditions beforehand. Sounds like it was an excellent event again. And snow piled up on the side would just add to the experience.

Deffo next year xx(

Top Bottom