Got a Camelbak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

Well not really a Camelbak, it's a 'Hydration Rucksack'

Took me a bit of time to figure out how the bit valve thingy works :biggrin:

I was wondering if it was possible to keep hot drinks in the pack? Also, has anyone got any tips for cleaning and drying? Or will soapy water and a tea towel do the trick?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
if you only put H20 in it, use it regularly and frequently, and keep it somewhere dark, it will rarely need cleaning ime. I 'milton' mine via total immersion once in a while.

if you put other stuff in it it will need cleaning virtually every time you use it and that is a pita.

MePower

No hot stuff as it can leach the plastic taste into the drink, and it could split the seams as the plastic gets too soft. Needs cleaning after each use as it furs up easily.

l4dva

Guru
I have a hydration bladder at home, got it as an extra to use in my ruck sack, decided its not for me so its just been sitting there un-used. its 2 ltr one i paid about £15 for it if any one wants can have it for a fiver.....

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have a camelbak and in the winter I put warm juice in it and stays warm for about 2 hours, the bag is the blowfish and has an insulated outside, in the summer (if we ever get one) I put ice in it or a cool pack.
as for cleaning I use mine 4-5 days a week and just wash it out in hot water and hang it up to dry

Top Bottom