Got another bike today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...yep...yet another one...couldnt resist...dunno why though 'cos it's a heap of junk.

I was riding along and saw this bike ona skip...I asked the lady of th ehouse for it and got it for nought...it's a pink ladies Raliegh Silouhette road/tourer circa (70s 80s??). Comes complete with a fair bit of rust on the bolts etc..a broken brake lever and some flat tyres...otherwise its not all tha bad...it's for a small lady really, doesnt have a top tube, I guess so ladies in skirts can get on it easy??

Nothing worth striping from it...so I may just give it some TLC and flog it...never know, I might get a fiver for it so I can buy some new cables:biggrin::biggrin:

..oh man...WHY did I do that???;):blush:

Noodley

cos it's means something...

longers

Legendary Member
and it's good practise taking things to bits and then keeping the bits you've collected in case they come in handy.

And then getting rid of the bits.

And then finding a use for the bits just after you've got rid of them. ;)

Can Mrs BTFB not be tempted to cycle?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Can Mrs BTFB not be tempted to cycle?

I have more chance of winning the lottery Jackpot without a ticket.

Dare I ask how many of your bikes are currently operational?

...I have two rideable bikes at the moment...The Dawes and the Bianchi. I have three work in progress the Brian Rourke, an MBK and this Raliegh I got today, one kiddies MTB which needs a home, one top condition Diamondback MTB, One good condition peugot MTB from 1990 and one sit up and beg bike with a basket in need of some TLC and a service but otherwise rideable.

The thing is the Bianchi is a little distracting right now.

Mr Phoebus

Bigtallfatbloke said:
it's for a small lady really, doesnt have a top tube, I guess so ladies in miniskirts can get on it easy??

12885D12.gif

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's amazing what you can strip off an old bike that would otherwise cost you. I threw away an old bike recently. Wish I'd kept the brake cable housings. I just had to buy new and 60cm cost me four quid. There was probably the best part of 2m on that old wreck. *sigh*

Danny

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I have two rideable bikes at the moment...The Dawes and the Bianchi. I have three work in progress the Brian Rourke, an MBK and this Raliegh I got today, one kiddies MTB which needs a home, one top condition Diamondback MTB, One good condition peugot MTB from 1990 and one sit up and beg bike with a basket in need of some TLC and a service but otherwise rideable.
I assume you must have a big garage or a very tolerant family :tongue:

Top Bottom