Great Commute Home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Had a great ride home tonight.
Just picked up my prescription Oakleys so I can look cool(er) and stop too much sun and flies getting into my eyes at the same time.

Set off for home, and four times people or cars crossed over my path, or thought about it. In three cases they realised they were wrong, smiled, and gave a wave of apology. Fourth was two business types with cases who waited for my light to go green before crossing, so not really a hazard.

And part way home caught up with a SS guy. Kept pace with him and took the lead with 1/2 mile to go. He drew alongside as I prepared to turn right, and we exchanged some pleasantries before I left. We had both been pushing hard, both were out of breath, both appreciated taking it in turns to face the wind, and both enjoyed being pushed hard.

Nice. Trip in not so good - accidentally kicked a duck that hadn't worked out that it needed to get out of the way of a 20mile/h cyclist, not drift into his way.

SurlyNomad

You kicked a duck!! :sad:

BenM

Veteran
Had a great ride in this morning... caught up a chap on an 'all the gear' MTB riding on the road :wacko: rolled down a hill after him, with him pedalling to try to get away, then by a clever bit of road knowledge got in front and, despite being held up by two red traffic lights, kept on pulling away all the way to work (or at least all the way till he vanished from the mirror)

A little incentive to push things a bit makes a great change to the way you feel after the ride :biggrin:

B.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
kicked a duck? thats nowt. i've had a pheasant fly into my face flap around dart out again and i JUST managed to stay on my bike. i've told it that if i see it again i'm having it for sunday lunch.

Top Bottom