Great frame but broken dropout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Anyone at all interested? It's a really nice frame I got off ebay from someone whose brother 'used to race it' but had emigrated. Steel, but very light. Don't know what tubing it is - no decals apart from one featuring the word 'GATORZ', which googling reveals to be an Aussie manufacturer of sunglasses aimed at the skateboarding/mountain biking/go-karting yoof market. Could it have been a team bike? Don't know. But it was a seriously good frame till I broke it. The actual tubing is fine - it's just the dropout that's busted - but it would need a welder who knows what they're about. I could measure it if anyone's interested, but I think it's about 24" - it fit me fine and I'm 6', with a 34" inside leg. It would definitely be collection-only from Norf London. I've tried freecycle but no joy. Just goes against the grain to send it to landfill, but unless one o' you peeps wants it, I guess that's where it's bound...

Oooh, I might be. Any bits with it? there's a good framebuilder just around the corner from me.

Let me measure my frames and see whether they're 24" as well.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hi

Excellent! Let's hope it works out. Um, well, not a great deal, because I pinched most of it for my current bike (which I bought frame-only), but it does have BB and headset - both good ones & in good nick - and Reynolds 501 forks, which I suspect weren't original, but there's nowt wrong with them. I've just been to measure it and it's actually 24 1/2", and 23" top tube, measured from centre to centre (I'm not sure how you're supposed to measure top tubes.) Feel free to PM me if you're still interested.

Hi swee'pea

I really can't take this frame. I don't need it, SWMBO would have my balls, and I can't afford the parts for another build, and I have several unfinished projects that should be finished off first. Sorry for wasting your time, I hope it goes to someone more deserving.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Hi 20" - ah well, so it goes. Re 'er indores - I know the feeling! Good luck with your projects (various).

Top Bottom