Great ride to work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
home like a rocket last night after a late finish, the roads were a lot quieter, I put some effort in but really went

strong as an ox today too, hadda be a new best time, kept looking down at the speedo and thinking wtf?

going that bit quicker really smooths the journey as you plan that bit further ahead and the traffic gives that bit more room and respect

thumps chest

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Keith Oates said:
Mister Wind made sure that my ride home last night was anything but easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ach, a wee bit of resistance training is good for you ;)

Tynan

Veteran
What a day, banger full of Poles turned left without signalling/slowing across me on the way in, emergency stop for me, they never saw me

Homeward, coasting down the last part of Camden Road toward the lights at Nags Head, rock centre of the very wide bus lane doing 20 mph ish, stationary traffic to my right, started to drift right to slot right of the lane ahead turning left when a car does the sudden accelerate left into my lane as I passed him, braking and hard left swerve from me while looking at where I'm about to be knocked over into, he emergency stops just as he makes contact, car wing literally brushes the hairs on my right leg and the point of the right pedal scratches a foot odd of his wing, got silver paint on it when I got home

the 'sorry' wave from him, snarling and the 'this close' fingers from me

not nice, and worse no way I could see that I'd have done anything different, no sign from him that he was going to do that until he did and he was almost level with me when he did it

ah well, what doesn't kill us and all that

I have had a good few weeks of commuting the weather has finally broken an the traffic is so lite, except for Shandwick Place!

OT I joined C+ about 10 months ago and really enjoyed it, I'm not sure about Bikeradar its so large ;) but I thought I'd give it a chance to settle down. I found myself looking at this site tonight however and it looks a lot easier to navigate.

Top Bottom