Greenway design - a survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard Manton

Hi, I am a PhD student at the National University of Ireland in Galway, researching the design of greenways as routes for walking and cycling. To inform this research, I've put together a greenway design survey, which I am hoping you could fill out.

The link to the survey is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/greenwaydesign

The survey poses some questions on greenways in Ireland, but the majority are related to international greenway design. As the survey will make up an important part of my PhD, I am trying to get an international sample and so your help is greatly appreciated. If you have any queries about the survey or this research, please do not hesitate to contact me on: r.manton1@nuigalway.ie

Thanks,
Richard

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Done- can't say I've ever heard of or been on a greenway but good luck with the work.
To do with the survey itself when asked if I'd ever been to Ireland (and I haven't) I then had to scroll around to find the next relevant set of questions- would be better if it skipped any irrelevant ones once it knew I had nothing to input (same when I told it I'd never been on a greenway).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi, I am a PhD student at the National University of Ireland in Galway, researching the design of greenways as routes for walking and cycling. To inform this research, I've put together a greenway design survey, which I am hoping you could fill out.

The link to the survey is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/greenwaydesign

The survey poses some questions on greenways in Ireland, but the majority are related to international greenway design. As the survey will make up an important part of my PhD, I am trying to get an international sample and so your help is greatly appreciated. If you have any queries about the survey or this research, please do not hesitate to contact me on: r.manton1@nuigalway.ie

Thanks,
Richard
Other than spending money on food and drink ergo unable to complete survey (it won't let me ):cursing:

OP
OP
R

Richard Manton

helston90 & raleighnut - apologies for those mistakes - I set up page logic to skip those irrelevant questions, but there must have been a problem. Likewise with spending, it should not have cut out at that stage. Even if it did not allow you to complete the survey, your responses are still logged - thanks for your help.

The survey seems to be working fine now, I'll put it down to a St. Patrick's Day glitch!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The most useful greenways I've used are the ones that have a decent surface and actually get you somewhere, such as the Danube paths, or go through decent scenery, like the Monsal trail in the peak district. The most useless ones (and I have some locally) go from, say a car park beside the A1(M) to the Wheathampstead bypass, and are mainly surfaced in mud.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Your intro says the C2C in the UK is a greenway - as far as I know, the coast to coast is a route mostly on normal roads. There is a bit of cyclepath on the way down into Consett and going through parts of Newcastle, but the majority is on roads.

Top Bottom