Greetings from Hertfordshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonphile

Hello. I'm Steve, and live in Hemel Hempstead. I own a Brompton (hence my user name), and a Copenhagen Pedersen. Until March, I owned a Pashley roadster, but I was then hit by a motorcyclist and broke my left collar-bone and right heel, and spent some weeks in hospital - my first serious accident in over 50 years of cycling. Cycling is not nearly as dangerous as some people think! Sadly, the Pashley was written off, but rather it than me.
I'm 63, and work for Royal Mail.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Welcome! I work up on the industrial estate in Hemel (but live elsewhere).

I sometimes used to commute on a red Brompton, sold it to buy something else- but would like another now. Nasty injuries- are you riding again yet?

OP
OP
Bromptonphile

Bromptonphile

I work in the mail centre on Maylands Ave. Yes, I'm cycling again - easier on my still-sore foot than walking, in fact. At least, I'm cycling when the Brompton co-operates - I've had to fix four punctures in two days in the back tyre. I think the inner tube's had it: I'll have to get a new one (or rather a new three - one for the front wheel as well, and a spare).

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Steve.

:ohmy: for the injuries and :sad: for the Pashley. I'm glad you're back riding and hope the foot won't be sore for too much longer.

A Pedersen is a pretty uncommon bike. How do you get on with it?

The number of punctures in a short time on the Brompton makes me suspect something might still be embedded in the tyre. Could be worth a thorough check before a new tube goes in.

David Higson

Welcome to the CycleChat. Sad to hear about the Pashley but you survived to ride another day. :bravo:Shame the Post Office dumped all the old bicycles. I used to work at a small Crown Office in the late 70's and our Postmen used to give me advice on cycle maintenance.
Davy

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi. Welcome from powys. :hello:. Sorry about your acccident. Glad your back on your bike. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CC!
Good you are riding again, hope the puncture issues on your Brompton are fixed soon.

Evogirl

Welcome Steve shame about the Pashley, my mate has one and it's an awesome thing. On an aside used to live near Hemel and went to Adeyfield School....many moons ago now ^_^

Top Bottom