Greetings from Maryland!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpemburn

Howdy Y’all,

I’m Mark Pemburn, and I live in rural Harford County, Maryland about 30 miles north of Baltimore and close to the top of the Chesapeake Bay. It is a beautiful land of rolling hills, broad farm fields, and woodlands. A splendid place for cycling!

I began cycling seriously in my mid-20s, about 45 years ago. I joined the U.S. Cycling Federation, and raced in Category 4 for several years. Although I was never very competitive, time spent in the saddle has always been my greatest joy.

Over the years, I’ve been riding on and off due to the changes life brings. Five years ago, at the age of 65, I decided to get back out on the road and get in shape again. Today, I’m more enthusiastic about this pursuit than ever, and I look forward the day I can retire and ride to my heart’s content.

The primary reason I joined this forum is to learn more—and share my knowledge—about bike repair and maintenance. I have always done my own work, and I enjoy bringing a bike as close to a state of perfection as I can.

For the non-cycling part of my life: I work as a software developer for a small company and love every day of it. My wife of 35 years and I live in a home we built together in the woods.

Cheers,

Mark
P.S. Since I've been asked, here's my trusty steed. I bought the frame on eBay for a nice price, and built it up mostly with parts from my recently demised Trek.

As for where I ride: https://www.strava.com/athletes/14442827
...and the bigger picture: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...f39fff34b98180!8m2!3d39.5838964!4d-76.3637285

Carerra 2.jpg

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Hi Mark, welcome!

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who looks forward to seeing what you ride and where you ride it!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Mark and :welcome:.

Were mostly Brits on here but we do have quite a few members from across the pond.
Looking forward to your posts.

OP
OP
mpemburn

mpemburn

Hello Mark and :welcome:.

Were mostly Brits on here but we do have quite a few members from across the pond.
Looking forward to your posts.
Hi Cycleops!

I find most of the best information from folks in the UK (Global Cycling Network is my favorite). I hope to visit England some day, as it's the land of my ancestors.

Mark

Gravel-Biker

@mpemburn

Nice to meet you. I'm nearly your age. :smile:

You have a beautiful bike, like it very much. 👍

Top Bottom