Greetings from The West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
The name's Lloydy. I have a Carrera TDF Merida 6061 frame (I'm guessing it's a 2008 model) and I love this bike to bits. I realise that more expensive road bikes are going to have better components but, for my first road bike (I used to have 'racers' back in the 80's/90's when all the other kids had BMX's) ,it's great. Everyone who has ridden it says it's one of the nicest bikes they've ever ridden, so it can't be all that bad.

Apart from the standard SunRace R80 groupset (not the worst, but not the best) the pedals have been changed to Shimano's for riding with cleats, the wheels are the factory standard Veronique, tires have been upgraded to Specialized Armadillo All Condition (700x23c). There are Cannondale and Cane Creek parts on this bike as well, all of which I assume come as standard. This bike was given to me a few years ago and now I'm wanting to get into regular cycling more. Thought I'd jump on here to see what others are doing, and what advice I can gain :smile:

The name's Lloydy. I have a Carrera TDF Merida 6061 frame (I'm guessing it's a 2008 model) and I love this bike to bits. I realise that more expensive road bikes are going to have better components but, for my first road bike (I used to have 'racers' back in the 80's/90's when all the other kids had BMX's) ,it's great. Everyone who has ridden it says it's one of the nicest bikes they've ever ridden, so it can't be all that bad.

Apart from the standard SunRace R80 groupset (not the worst, but not the best) the pedals have been changed to Shimano's for riding with cleats, the wheels are the factory standard Veronique, tires have been upgraded to Specialized Armadillo All Condition (700x23c). There are Cannondale and Cane Creek parts on this bike as well, all of which I assume come as standard. This bike was given to me a few years ago and now I'm wanting to get into regular cycling more. Thought I'd jump on here to see what others are doing, and what advice I can gain :smile:

Hi, and welcome to cyclechat from a fellow West Midlander.:hello:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi and welcome from someone just over the border in the East Midlands
wave.gif

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

"Enjoy riding it" is the best advice I can give.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
Thanks for all the welcomes, folks. It's already a lot friendlier than a few other bike forums I've visted :smile:

Top Bottom