Greetings from Virginia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jlgreer1

Hi everyone,

I have been riding a very long time. My current favorite bike is a Trek Soho with Gates belt drive, a Shimano Nexus 8 speed, and a disk up front. It is all black and quite striking. I have had it about two years and ride frequently.

I recently moved from Texas to Virginia. There are some very nice off road trails in this area. I have used my Trek on a few of the tame versions but the Soho is definitely a street bike. I'm currently studying modern mountain bikes to make a good purchase decision.

I had a Trek 3900 (?) last summer in Germany. It was a great bike but a little big and heavy. It was perfect for my situation there that included some mountain trails and a lot of commuting. The bike was my only means of transportation other than walking a public buses and trains.

I'm looking forward to being here and hope I can contribute to the general discussion.

Jeff

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@jlgreer1 welcome aboard

OP
OP
jlgreer1

jlgreer1

I'm currently in central Virginia about an hour south of Richmond. It is beautiful here but the streets are not bike friendly.

This is a very busy forum and I see most are from the British Isles. (That's OK)

Jeff

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I really liked riding through Virginia recently...spent time around Mechanicsville and the coldharbour battlefields etc...Yorktown is a gem.
Welcome aboard...and yeah it's mostly Brits but we've been friends since Cornwallis and Washington had their little tiff^_^

Peteaud

Veteran
:welcome:

Top Bottom