Greg Allman RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yeah bummer, first Butch and now this. He'll be seeing Skydog again.

I was listening to the Allman Brothers on youtube last night (how I got from Flock Of Seagulls to Allman Brothers I'll never know...) and, after I started the "what happens to bands?" thread went and had a look to find out what they were doing. Unfortunately, dying.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I was listening to the Allman Brothers on youtube last night (how I got from Flock Of Seagulls to Allman Brothers I'll never know...) and, after I started the "what happens to bands?" thread went and had a look to find out what they were doing. Unfortunately, dying.
Makes you realise you're getting old , when all your teenage heroes are dying off......

An all time favourite of mine

delb0y

Legendary Member
His vocals... amazing. "It's Not My Cross To Bear", "Whipping Post", "Dreams" "Please Call Home"... Just one of the best ever. I usually keep the first two albums in my car and play them on the commute weekly. So sad.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
So tainted by sad association, if it wasn't lightweight to start off with.

Don't let a 20 second clip on a third rate tv show ruin a great song, it's not lightweight at all and slots neatly into one of their best albums - Brothers and Sisters. The ABB were a great live act as this 1982 clip of Jessica shows, no lightweight action here.

Top Bottom