Greg Lemond: Slaying the Badger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heifer73

Hi

Did anyone watch Greg Lemond: Slaying the Badger on ITV 4 last night after the tour highlights?

I’m sure I would have really enjoyed it if I haven’t fallen asleep, however does anyone know why Greg was wearing a body brace?

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The original ESPN 30 for 30 show I'm guessing, a cracking look at the TdF 1985-1986 seasons..

He had a bad car accident a few year ago so possibly that.

I wish some British TV company would look at these and produce some UK based stories, I've seen quite a few of them.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yes, I and Scoosh-daughter watched it. We've both read the book and found it very interesting - as we did the film.

Gave a good view of the mind-set of riders, trainers, team managers etc - and, guess what ??? They're all (well most of them anyway ..) a bit weird/ obsessed/ egotistical etc. :ohmy: Which is what makes them champions, I suppose. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
He explained about the car accident at the beginning of the film.

I have a soft spot for Lemond because it was watching his famous 8 second TdF victory over Fignon in 1989 that made me decide to start cycling again.

I think he seems a likeable man, very much unlike Armstrong, or 'The Badger' for that matter!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I thought he came across as a bit whiney and definitely paranoid. It was also clear that is wife revelled in the fame and was a huge motivator at the time and now and heavily contributed towards the paranoia

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
His brother in law didn't seem too fond of him.
It took me a few seconds to work that one out - I'm a bit slow! :wacko:

Tips for the day ...
  1. When having a fun day out, blasting turkeys to bits, do not hide in the bushes!
  2. Having ignored tip #1, remember to shout "Don't shoot, it's me, Greg" before poking your head out!
:whistle:

Top Bottom