Gritting tonight!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2Loose

Legendary Member
So the Notts gritting lorries are out already - a frost is forecast tonight and I really hope this isn't the start of another long icy winter.

Be extra careful in the morning
thumbsup.png
 

Browser

Legendary Member
Gritting? Not in the demilitarised zone that is the South Lincs/North Cambs border. They won't grit unless it's snowing!
 
Location
Scotland
I popped to Asda for a few things, as i exited to walk home, i glanced beyond the ample carpark to see the big yellow gritter heading up the road. I work nights so ill be heading out in it very soon. But on the plus side bath and bed when its your turn :thumbsup: .
 
OP
OP
2Loose

2Loose

Legendary Member
Gritting? Not in the demilitarised zone that is the South Lincs/North Cambs border. They won't grit unless it's snowing!

Don't bank on it this year, councils got caught out last winter and it cost them (thru the nhs in injuries) a fortune. Expect them to be on the case this year...I even heard talk of them doing the paths this year!
biggrin.gif
 
Very nippy in West London this evening after some heavy rain. I left work around half 10 and I definitely felt an icy chill. I drove today as I had to take my clean shirts & trousers in today for the week but I'll be back on the bike tomorrow. I was on the bike at work today and had my Buff on as a skull-cap. Everyone else complained about their head and ears being cold but I was nice and toasty :biggrin:.
 
I had to leave my ride until the afternoon today because it was so cold. It was only about 15c this morning, still a bit fresh in the afternoon at around 21-22c.

Winters' arrived here too.
 

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I had to leave my ride until the afternoon today because it was so cold. It was only about 15c this morning, still a bit fresh in the afternoon at around 21-22c.

Winters' arrived here too.

If i was a chimp at Chester Zoo i would flick poo at you ! :biggrin: Hope you covered up with that nasty chill over your way !!!!
 

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I had to leave my ride until the afternoon today because it was so cold. It was only about 15c this morning, still a bit fresh in the afternoon at around 21-22c.

Winters' arrived here too.

Bloody Southerners :biggrin:
 
Top Bottom