Gritty, grinding bottom bracket.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

Yo,

I have a SRAM GXP bottom bracket and through the last 10-15 days I have been riding in the wet. I'm aware that this has contributed to the title of this thread, yet I am a bit bemused as to whether it needs coming out, cleaning and re lubing, or it needs binning for a new one. I'm not sure how the GXP brackets work, and whether they are serviceable.

It is a bit annoying that it may need replacing so soon.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Looks like they are not serviceable unless you have access to press equipment and then you would have to replace the sealed bearings, unfortunately it is all part of todays throw away society even our cycle components are not designed to last.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Looks like they are not serviceable unless you have access to press equipment and then you would have to replace the sealed bearings, unfortunately it is all part of todays throw away society even our cycle components are not designed to last.

I have no idea about this system... In case that they work that way... Can he replace the original ones for ones that can be serviceable? An option to look into it??

Best of luck with that project to @Crandoggler

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Don't think so they are a sealed unit, and this one is bloody expensive http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CMeHxOPpkcgCFQYewwody7cBRA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Look in the reviews from that link someone suggested this " I love SRAM but this is one component I cannot recommend. If you want a ride of 300 km and then get a new BB this is for you. C. King do a version for about the same cost which you can ride and lube. Had 2 of the Sram and now just one CK has gone on and on and on. Ideally go Rotor for the BB but that will cost you in upgrades with a crank as they don't do a step down."

Worth trying...??

Top Bottom