Group Rides & Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's not just that, though Colin. If I mess up and somebody is injured then they have some recompense - that's not a bad thing. Equally if somebody loses control on a hill and T-bones another rider then the fact that the person doing the T-boning has 3rd party can't be a bad thing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's not just that, though Colin. If I mess up and somebody is injured then they have some recompense - that's not a bad thing. Equally if somebody loses control on a hill and T-bones another rider then the fact that the person doing the T-boning has 3rd party can't be a bad thing.
The answer ought to be for each rider to have insurance covering themself and 3rd parties, but I have a feeling that somebody would then point out that their insurance company would try and recover their costs by suing the ride organiser!

I'm going to check my insurance policy.

david1701

To wander this slightly off topic, if you are making provisions for insurance do you make first aid provisions.

Most of the rides I imagine get done are road rides so are always within that rapid response ambulance time that drags first aid down to call and ambulance and cpr if they stop breathing. Do you think that if negligence is being mentioned there could be a failure in duty of care to provide first aid cover?

only asking because I had a flick through the course book for the last years outdoor first aid course last night

Top Bottom