GT Tequesta - Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The shifters on my old Marin are relectunt to work every so often and sure enough a squirt of lube sorts them out every time , so deffo worth trying .
On mine I can take the lid of and expose the workings and it's normally the little white ratchet that is sticking .

OP
OP
L

Little Butch

I’ve ordered a kalloy 26.8mm seat tube and a 1 1/8inch stem so that should get things more like they should be.
Also removed the right hand shifter and got that all freed up and working perfectly. Only problem is it doesn’t fit my Shimano exage levers like the left one does and is a 9 speed shifter - I plan on changing the wheels but Ive currently got a 7 speed cassette on it. Are the rear derailleurs specific to how many gears etc?

Whats the simplest option for me? Sell the Shimano Deore Mega shifter I just fixed, buy a 7 speed that will fit my levers and then a 7 speed rear wheel?

OP
OP
L

Little Butch

Just bought a scrap bike for 20 euros, came with 2x Schwalbe marathon plus tyres and 26 inch spoked wheels which I’ll put on the GT. Also a front cantilever brake, which I may swap onto the GT too because it’s currently running a v brake with shagged pads....

OP
OP
L

Little Butch

87535A40-3BEE-48DB-B22B-35273D9187B7.jpeg

OP
OP
L

Little Butch

Cheers, looks a lot less stupid now! Seatpost arrived but doesn’t quite fit (26.8mm). Feels close though, it did have a smaller post in with a spacer sleeve so maybe it’s just a bit gritty and crimped?

Top Bottom